Friday, November 8, 2013


 More Indy sketches, trying to define my version of the character.


These are concept sketches for the city of Shangri-La. I imagine it to be a tropical oasis of sorts surrounded by the Himalayas. The color one I did with watercolors and re-touched it with Photoshop. After sketching it I've come to the realization that I'll need to build some sort of model (probably with sculpty) so that I can take a proper picture of it under the right light conditions. This way I'll be able to paint a more realistic illustration.
The concept for the city itself, I got from a digital painting I saw online in a Google search. I borrowed from the original artist's idea, although it is not an exact replica. I would like to credit the original artist, but unfortunately there was no id with the image.
If anyone knows the name of the person who did this, please let me know so I can give proper credit to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment